For more than a century, Gentex has been a leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions. We’ve achieved this, in part, by creating an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive and where customer performance and safety are paramount. Guiding us in our efforts are our core values, which focus on behaviors and actions that help us meet our commitments to our customers, partners, employees, communities and the shareholders that we serve.
Our Core Values
Our core values are our guiding force. Everyone at Gentex is dedicated to living these values and applying them in all that we do.
- Take Ownership
Doing whatever is needed to succeed— accepting full and complete responsibility, keeping commitments, owning the results, and avoiding excuses.
- Reach Higher
Making a commitment to continuously improve one’s own behavior and skill-set.
- Act Now
Proactively identifying challenges then actively communicating and taking steps to address and improve them in a timely manner. Being open to and contribute new ideas.
- Choose Excellence
Being passionate about our customers’ performance expectations and then exceeding them.
- Open Up
Respectfully and openly discussing issues in an effort to get to the best solutions possible.
- Be Engaged
Being highly involved and interested in what is happening in your job, your work team, and the whole company.
Helping others succeed and recognizing the power of partnering with others at every level of the organization.
Doing your part to positively impact the community you live and work in.
Our Commitment to Our Stakeholders
At Gentex, we’re committed to conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards, treating all of our stakeholders with dignity and supporting their personal well-being.
- Customers. Our first responsibility is to our customers—the soldiers, pilots, emergency personnel and all others who use our products and services. Lives depend on us. Every product we produce must be of the highest level of quality and performance.
- Partners and Suppliers. We’re responsible for collaborating with our partners and suppliers in ways that create solutions with competitive advantage that profit all parties. We do this through consistently delivering superior solutions.
- Employees. We’re responsible for hiring great people, providing them opportunity for development and advancement and expecting the highest caliber of behaviors and performance from them.
- Communities. We’re responsible for being good citizens and stewards within the communities and environments in which we live and work.
- Shareholders. Our final responsibility is to provide sustainable and compelling returns to our shareholders. We must be able to clearly articulate the choices that we make to balance the long term potential and our short-term returns.