- Improved peripheral vision for advanced fighter/attache aircraft personnel
- Leather edge roll covering the soft foam core to specifically integrate chin/nape strap, visor bump stops atop the helmet
- Rigid composite shell reducing helmet weight by approximately 4oz.
- Contoured polycarbonate visors
- H-154A/AIC Communication System (standard)
HGU-55/P Aircrew Fixed Wing Helmet
As a world-leader in high performance, aircrew helmet protective systems, the Gentex HGU-55/P Light Weight Helmet provides improved peripheral vision for advanced fighter/attack aircraft personnel, enhanced center of gravity and maximum stability.
The Gentex HGU-55/P helmet comes standard with specially contoured polycarbonate visors that interface with the low-profile MBU-20/P Oxygen Mask, or the helmet can be obtained with the High Speed Visor Kit, qualified to 600 KEAS. Another available option is the anti-snag bayonet receivers, which are designed to help reduce the risk of parachute line entanglement during aircraft ejection.
Equipped with an H-154A/AIC communications system which provides lasting durability, high intelligibility, and superior hearing protection, the HGU-55/P headset provides crewmember communication functions when attached via a CX-4708/AIC communication cord to a MBU-20/P Oxygen Mask's modified M-169A/AIC microphone. And, the new Gentex XLiner® completes the helmet, providing 48% more stability than any similar product on the market.