- Modularly engineered for cross-platform rotary aircraft use
- Chin strap features D-ring and snap fasteners to ensure rapid removal in the event of an emergency; patented “British Buckle” available for commercial customers
- Optional Gentex MFS protects the lower face from flying debris
- Clear and Neutral visors come standard
- Optional laser, high contrast, and gradient visors available to improve visual acuity in day, night or inclement weather conditions
- All visors are polycarbonate, meet performance requirements of MIL-V-43511, have abrasion-resistant coating on front and back surfaces per MIL-C-83409
- Outer visor housing can be configured for NVGs
- Optional helmet bag provides proper storage and protection
- Oxygen mask bayonets available for field installation enabling Gentex MBU 12/P Oxygen Mask to be donned in high-altitude environments.
- Readily modified to install the Communication Ear Plug (CEP), which is standard on all U.S. Army flight helmets and greatly enhances communications and hearing protection
- Filed proven and tested in accordance with ANSI Z90.1-1979
HGU-56/P Rotary Wing Aircrew Helmet System
Modular Engineering and Enhanced Design for Improved Performance
Designed to keep pace with innovations in flight technology and emerging mission scenarios, the Gentex HGU-56/P Helmet System offers modular engineering for cross-platform use within multiple Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Law Enforcement, and civilian rotary aircraft. The helmet's enhanced design features a multitude of options to improve aircrew personnel fit, functionality, mission adaptability, and essential head safety and protection.