- Low-profile design.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Advanced protection and stability.
- Customizable visors (clear, neutral gray, gradient, high-contrast, and laser protective) available in a high-speed versions.
- Optional respiratory integration.
- Available Gentex combat edge field modification bladder kit.
- Clear, concise, and comfortable communications.
Gentex HGU-55/P Fixed Wing Helmet System
Versatile, High-G Performance
Designed as a versatile platform, the HGU-55/P helmet is available in two configurations to suit a full range of High-G mission needs. The lightweight standard version is constructed of a Graphite/Aramid shell which reduces head-borne weight while maintaining strength. For high-performance maneuvers up to +9 Gs and to help prevent G-induced loss of consciousness (GLOC), the Gentex Lightweight HGU-55/P COMBAT EDGE is the standard for all U.S. Air Force F-15 and F-16 aircrew. This technologically advanced system provides pilots with a decisive edge in combat by reducing fatigue, so they may perform more high-G missions per day without compromising performance.