- Protection from highly specific laser threats including 1064nm or Neodymium: Yag.
- Available in Optical Densities (OD) ranging from OD 4 to our highest option for absorbing laser energy, OD 6.
- Total Light Transmission is approximately 60%.
- Offers impact protection equivalent to a 0.22 caliber fragment projectile at up to 550 fps.
- Laser protective capabilities not compromised after exposure to high and low operating temperatures, or scratches in its surface.
- Front and rear surfaces coated with an abrasion-resistant coating.
- Hard coating of the lens in accordance with MIL-C-83409, to reduce scratching and scuffing.
- Several different single and multiple wavelengths in the same visor available with other wavelengths (or "lines") upon request.
- Available for all Gentex aircrew helmets.
- Available in MBU-20/P, and MBU-23/P oxygen mask trims or in a STEP-IN® version for use with NVGs.
Gentex Laser Visor
Gentex is a world leader in the design and manufacture of laser eye protection solutions for emerging commercial and military-grade laser threats. An optional upgrade to our full line of helmet systems, Gentex Laser Visors provide protection with enhanced performance.
Key Features/Benefits Common to All Gentex Visors
- Provides facial protection from windblast, high light intensity, spall resulting from canopy or screen failure, ballistic and fragmentation threats, laser threats, impact threats, rotary or jet wash, and inclement weather conditions
- Excellent distortion-free visual acuity
- Provides 99% protection from damaging UV(A), UV(B) and UV(C) sunlight
- Uses Gentex's Filtron® technology—absorber dyes molded into the advanced polycarbonate visor
- Manufactured with polycarbonate material
- Meets U.S. Mil Specs: Ultraviolet Transmittance (MIL-V-43511); Impact Resistance (MIL-V-43511; when tested in accordance with MIL-STD-622 and using a .22 T37 fragment simulating projectile at a velocity of 550 feet per second); Optical (MIL-V-43511); Abrasion Resistance (front and rear surfaces coated with abrasion-resistant coating in accordance with MIL-C-83409)
- Seamless integration with other helmet system components