- Clear Visor provides advanced protection and a clear view.
- Amber visors engineered with yellow hue to offer basic contrast to the field of view in hazy or foggy conditions.
- Neutral Gray Visor developed to provide sun glare protection.
Clear, Amber, and Neutral Gray Visors
Special dyes and colors have been developed by Gentex to enhance visual acuity in demanding flight or terrain conditions. In addition the protection offered by our Clear Visor, Gentex offers Amber, and Neutral Gray Visors. Our Amber visors are engineered with yellow hue to offer basic contrast to the field of view in hazy or foggy conditions and our Neutral Gray Visor was developed to provide sun glare protection.
Key Features/Benefits of Clear, Amber & Neutral Gray Visors
Key Features/Benefits Common to All Gentex Visors
- Provides facial protection from windblast, high light intensity, spall resulting from canopy or screen failure, ballistic and fragmentation threats, laser threats, impact threats, rotary or jet wash, and inclement weather conditions.
- Excellent distortion-free visual acuity.
- Provides 99% protection from damaging UV(A), UV(B) and UV(C) sunlight.
- Uses Gentex's Filtron® technology—absorber dyes molded into the advanced polycarbonate visor.
- Manufactured with polycarbonate material.
- Meets U.S. Mil Specs: Ultraviolet Transmittance (MIL-V-43511); Impact Resistance (MIL-V-43511; when tested in accordance with MIL-STD-622 and using a .22 T37 fragment simulating projectile at a velocity of 550 feet per second); Optical (MIL-V-43511); Abrasion Resistance (front and rear surfaces coated with abrasion-resistant coating in accordance with MIL-C-83409).
- Seamless integration with other helmet system components.
- Compatible with Gentex HGU-55/P, HGU-56/P, HGU-84/P, SPH-4B and SPH-5 helmets.
- Available in trims for Gentex MBU-20/P and MBU-12/P oxygen masks.