- Safeguards the wearer’s lower face from rotor wash, flying debris, and windblast.
- Provides ballistic fragmentation protection up to 550 feet per second (fps).
- A standard wire boom or Gentex Flex Boom microphone can be added to significantly enhance communications clarity.
- Compatible with the Gentex HGU-56/P and HGU-84/P Rotary Wing Helmets.
- Weighs less than 5 oz.
- Available in subdued black finish.
Gentex HGU-56/P & 84/P Maxillofacial Shield
The Gentex Maxillofacial Shield (MFS) safeguards the wearer’s lower face from rotor wash, flying debris, and windblast during helicopter operations. An optional upgrade to Gentex's HGU-56/P or HGU-84/P Rotary Wing Helmets, the MFS can also be easily fitted to the Gentex HGU-55/P Rotary Wing Helmet for airlift operations.
The protective shield attaches to the helmet with a complete installation kit, weighs less than five ounces, and offers an interface between shield and visor that reduces wind on the face. The shield also offers ballistic fragmentation protection up to 550 feet per second (fps). An upgrade kit contains the face shield, helmet side hardware, shield side hardware, and instructions for installation. This requires drilling two small holes in the helmet shell. Both kits are available in a subdued matte black finish that can be easily custom painted, and are compatible with Mike Lites™. Additionally, a standard wire boom microphone or Gentex Flex Boom Microphone can be positioned behind the MFS, which significantly enhances communications clarity by reducing wind noise across the microphone(s).
The HGU-56/P MFS comes standard with dual side release latches that provide for positive lock and ambidextrous quick release of the shield, and is available in one size that fits all. The MFS HGU-84/P version attaches to the helmet with adjustable straps and snaps, and comes in two sizes (Medium/Large or X Large/X Large Wide).