- Clear visor lenses provide advanced protection and a clear view.
- Amber visor lenses are engineered with a yellow hue to offer basic contrast to the field of view in hazy or foggy conditions.
- Neutral gray visor lenses were developed to provide sun glare protection.
Gentex Clear, Amber, and Neutral Gray Visor Lenses
All Gentex standard visor lenses offer advanced protection while enhancing visual acuity. Basic ballistic and impact protection is provided with Gentex clear visor lenses. Using specially developed dyes and colors, Gentex also offers Amber and Neutral Gray visor lenses to enhance visual acuity in more demanding flight or terrain conditions. In addition to the protection offered by our clear visor lenses, our Amber visor lenses are engineered with yellow hue to offer basic contrast to the field of view in hazy or foggy conditions, and our neutral gray visor lenses were developed to provide sun glare protection.
Key Features/Benefits of Clear, Amber & Neutral Gray Visor Lenses
Key Features/Benefits Common to All Gentex Visor Lenses
- Provides facial protection from windblast, high light intensity, spall resulting from canopy or screen failure, ballistic and fragmentation threats, impact threats, rotary or jet wash, and inclement weather conditions.
- Excellent distortion-free visual acuity.
- Provides 99% protection from damaging UV(A), UV(B) and UV(C) sunlight.
- Uses Gentex's Filtron® technology—absorber dyes molded into the advanced polycarbonate visor.
- Manufactured with polycarbonate material.
- Meets U.S. Mil Specs: Ultraviolet Transmittance (MIL-V-43511); Impact Resistance (MIL-V-43511; when tested in accordance with MIL-STD-622 and using a .22 T37 fragment simulating projectile at a velocity of 550 feet per second); Optical (MIL-V-43511); Abrasion Resistance (front and rear surfaces coated with abrasion-resistant coating in accordance with MIL-C-83409).
- Seamless integration with other helmet system components.
- Compatible with Gentex HGU-55/P, HGU-56/P, HGU-84/P, SPH-4B and SPH-5 Helmets Systems.
- Available in trims for Gentex MBU-20/P and MBU-12/P Oxygen Masks.