- Absorbs direct or filtered UV light and activates embedded molecules, which lighten and darken the lens based on lighting conditions
- Photochromic coating will lighten and darken even when the user is behind a windshield or canopy
- Lens begins darkening immediately upon exposure to UV light
- Photochromic coating can be applied to a variety of lens shapes and sizes, and can be used in both day and night missions
- Photochromic technology and lens surface are protected by scratch-resistant coating
- Darkened visor maintains a neutral grey color
Download the Photochromic Datasheet or learn more about Gentex Corporation’s eye protection and visual acuity products and technologies.
Now Available: Fixed Wing & Rotary Wing Photochromic Lens Solutions
Gentex HGU-55/P Photochromic Visor
Designed for our HGU-55/P Fixed Wing Helmet System, this photochromic visor absorbs direct, or light filtered through a vehicle’s windshield to activate the photochromic molecules causing the lens to darken or lighten when exposed or removed from light.
Gentex HGU-56/P Photochromic Visor
This light activated visor created for the HGU-55/P Rotary Wing Helmet System replaces the need for two visor kits (clear and tint), and adapts seamlessly for variable lighting conditions, beginning to darken instantly as brightness increases.
See the Photochromic Visor In Action
These Photochromic lenses react in direct sunlight, even through windscreens, and begin darkening instantly, so you never have to change lenses during a mission.Learn More
Contact Us Today
Learn more about Gentex's newest Photochromic Coating Technology by filling out the form below.