EFFECTIVE DATE: December 19, 2017
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The amount and type of information we collect depends on how you use the Site. Gentex may collect information—some of which relates to you as an individual—(“Personal Data”) from a variety of sources, including (a) information you provide directly; (b) information we collect about you when you visit our Site, use our services, or view our online advertisements; and (c) information we receive from other sources.
(a) Information We Collect Directly From You. We may collect information directly from you when you visit our Site, purchase products from our Site, choose to use services or participate in programs or otherwise provide information directly to us.
Information we collect directly from you includes your name, postal address, email address, phone number, employer, and other information about you such as product and service size, preferences and/or behaviors; and future communication preferences.
We may collect the following information about you:
- Technical information, including your IP address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and device-specific information, such as time zone setting and mobile network information (including location information); and
- Information about your visit, including, web pages you view, links you click, web sites you visited before coming to our Site, page response times, download errors, and page interaction information (such as lengths of visits to certain pages, scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
(d) Credit Card Information. When ordering products through the Site, you may be asked to provide credit card or other payment information. Such information is collected directly by a third-party service provider and is never stored in any manner by Gentex.
HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
Information We Collect Directly From You. We may use the Personal Data for:
- fulfilling our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and providing you with the information, products and services you request;
- fulfilling product orders made through the Site;
- customer or other inquiries by you;
- creating and managing your account;
- developing and providing advertising tailored to your interests;
- providing feedback, sizes, preferences, and other information to third-party service providers and distributors;
- sending you product-related or service-related communications; and
- ensuring that content from the Site is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer
Personal Data We Collect About You. We may use this information for:
- administering and improving our Site, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- measuring the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others.
Information We Receive From Other Sources.
We may combine this information with the information we collect directly from you and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Gentex may also disclose Personal Data in connection with conducting audits, responding to legal and/or regulatory requirements and information requests (e.g. for civil litigation), enforcing Gentex’s policies, or in responding to complaints or safety, fraud preventions, hacking or other security concerns. Gentex may also share your Personal Data with:
- members of Gentex corporate family and any successors;
- other companies that work with, or on behalf of Gentex to provide products and services, including distributors (as described below);
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity; and/or
- other business entities, in connection with the sale, assignment, merger or other transfer of Gentex’s business to such business entity.
What are cookies
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies that are set on your device you can do this through your browser settings.
Cookies used on the Site
The Site uses the following cookies for the following purposes:
- Google Analytics
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site, and third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests, and the pages they visited). We use the information to compile reports of our users’ browsing patterns so that we can improve the Site. You can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting their ad settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Consent to using cookies
By using this Site, you agree that we can store and access ‘Tracking Cookies’ on your device. You may withdraw consent at any time but you will need to take specific actions to prevent cookies from being set and to ensure that all cookies from the relevant Site are deleted from your computer. If you do not delete the cookies they will remain on your computer.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Sharing Information with Third Parties.
When you provide Personal Data to Gentex we may make it accessible to our product distributors and certain third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. These service providers include business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; advertisers and advertising networks for selecting and serving relevant adverts to you and others; and analytics and search engine providers for assisting us in the administration and improvement of the Site. Please note that we provide our distributors and service providers with only the Personal Data necessary for them to perform services and only for use for such purposes and, as necessary, will enter into agreements with then to ensure that they provide an adequate level of protection to these Personal Data.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION AND ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
Each time a visitor comes to the Site, Gentex collects some information to improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. Such information may include referral data (e.g., the address of the last URL a user visited prior to clicking through to the Site) and your web browser and operating platform type.
1. Aggregated Data. In addition to collecting these types of information, Gentex collects aggregate queries for internal reporting. Gentex also counts, tracks, and aggregates the visitor’s activity into Gentex’s analysis of general traffic flow at the Site. To these ends, Gentex may merge information about you into aggregated group data. Gentex also may remove personal identifiers from Personal Data and maintain it in aggregate form that may later be combined with other information to generate anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Such anonymous, group data may be shared on an aggregated basis with Gentex’s affiliates, business partners, distributors, service providers and/or vendors; if it does so, Gentex will not disclose your individual identity.
2. Web Server Logs and IP Addresses. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/machine you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the webpages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. Gentex may use IP addresses to conduct Site analyses and performance reviews and to administer the Site.
4. International Transmission. You acknowledge that the Internet is a global environment and using the Internet to collect and process data can involve the transmission of data on to countries outside of the United States. As described above, we may share your Personal Data with third parties and Gentex subsidiaries and affiliates. We may also share your Personal Data with governmental or regulatory authorities or otherwise to prevent illegal activities. These companies or authorities may be located in, or store Personal Data in, countries different to that in which you are located.
5. Marketing. We may use information we collect for marketing of Gentex services and products to you as you interact with websites on the internet. Gentex, or a third party distributor or service provider we select, may serve ads according to information we collect during your visits to the Site.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications, you can opt out of such marketing communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Gentex has established reasonable precautions to protect collected Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, which include contractual, administrative, physical, and technical steps. Technical measures include use of firewall protection and encryption technology where appropriate. Although Gentex takes reasonable precautions to assess the reliability of such technology, it relies on the statements of the vendors of those products and services as part of its security evaluation. Please note that although Gentex has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Site cannot be guaranteed. However, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Data are always safe against cyber-attacks, involuntary data loss or hacking, as such activities are common.
Gentex urges you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. This Site is a general audience site and does not target or intend to collect Personal Data from children.
INFORMATION REQUESTS AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
This site is being monitored by one or more third-party monitoring software(s), and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. You may opt-out from the data that https://doublesmart.digital is collecting on your visit through a universal consumer options page located at https://doublesmart.digital/Unsub/unsub.html